In the run-up to Gifts & Lifestyle Middle East's Premiere Edition, which takes place from 14 - 16 December, 2021, we understand the concerns related to air travel, as well as health and safety on the ground while in Dubai. We are happy to report that stringent measures across airplanes, airports, in the city and at the venue have helped boost exhibitors and visitors confidence significantly.
Safety in the air
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has assessed that the risk of contracting a virus on a plane is lower than in a shopping centre or an office.
- Emirates Airline has announced that the HEPA filters used in its aircraft remove 99.97% of microscopic pathogens from the air, and are as effective as the filters used in hospital theatres.
- The cabin air is also changed more frequently than in a hospital. Other hygiene measures are also in place, to ensure a cabin environment that is as safe as practically achievable.
- Emirates is also the first airline to provide free cover to passengers for health and quarantine costs if they are diagnosed with COVID-19 during their travels.
- All visitors entering Dubai will have tested negative for COVID-19 in accordance with the government guidelines for travelling to the city.
Safety on the ground
- At Dubai International Airport (DXB) and Dubai World Central (DWC) measures include protective plexiglass at check-in and immigration counters, thermal and temperature screening, social distancing markers and increased levels of sanitization in compliance with international standards.
- In addition, it is mandatory for protective gloves and masks to be worn by all travellers.
- Throughout Dubai, intensive sanitization drives, progressive approaches to cleaning, disinfection and waste management, and detailed health and safety directives to all residents and organisations, among other measures, have earned the city a reputation for being among the safest in the world.
- Dubai government authorities have launched the Dubai Assured campaign to demonstrate to visitors that each hotel, restaurant, retail outlet and attraction is compliant with the strict safety and hygiene measures, in line with international health and safety standards and protocols.
Safety at the venue
- Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is certified with the Bureau Veritas SafeGuard Label, which attests to the venue’s compliance with the highest hygiene standards.
- These have been developed in accordance with detailed checklists, in conjunction with global health, safety and hygiene specialists.
- Together with this, DWTC’s own ‘Venue Safe’ standards ensure strict adherence to all safety and hygiene measures for the safe return of organised events.
Safety at the show
- Wearing a face mask will be mandatory inside the halls while wearing gloves are optional
- Strict adherence to social distancing guidelines with a social distance of 2 metres at all times. At queues, floor stickers will be placed to ensure minimum distance. Seating capacities will also be adjusted to accommodate this social distance
- Barcode or QR codes will be digitally scanned to allow entry where applicable
- Regular handwashing is recommended and sanitisers will be provided in all key areas
- All visitors will be screened via contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue through designated entrances
- If a visitor is identified with high temperature, the individual may be requested to wait for 2-5 minutes for the body temperature to cool down, after which a follow-up temperature check will be done
- If high temperature is still indicated, the individual will be directed to an isolation room and the Emergency Medical Services Team (EMS) will be contacted for further action in compliance with Dubai Health Authority procedures
- Only pre-packaged food and beverages with disposable cutlery will be permitted during events. Self-service is not allowed, please wait to be served
- Rigorous sanitisation of the halls are conducted pre and post event
- Dedicated staff will disinfect common areas including all frequently touched surfaces such as lift buttons, hand rails, door knobs, seating areas, tables, reception lobbies, restroom rooms, and prayer rooms throughout the day.
- Common areas are being fumigated by a professionally trained team
- Chemicals used for disinfection and housekeeping purpose are quaternary ammonium based products approved by Dubai Municipality and Dubai Health Authority
- Designated bins are located throughout the venue to ensure that used Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) is disposed in a safe manner
- Prayer Rooms are partially open during prayer times with precautionary measures in place to keep worshippers safe
- Restrooms (including floors, mirrors, wash basins and amenities) are cleaned and disinfected hourly